Monday, March 29, 2010

Zac Smith

I found myself in a "woe is me" attitude towards the end of my day, during my drive to the gym, while staring at myself in the mirror during spin class, and my entire drive home. I thought to myself "why can't this happen, why can't that happen, where did we go wrong, how do we get from a to b, how how how, why why why" . I felt really sorry for myself. I felt really sorry for us. I'm trying to learn how to dance in this rain...I really think I am. Or am I?? This storm is still my storm, but it could be filled with lightening and hail and become a flood. When I got home, I plopped down on the couch to take a load off, and began checking a blog or two with I can guarantee you- a frown upon my face. A frowned pair of lips and frowned wrinkles between my eyes. The first, and I mean very first blog I read today was a post today by another blog friend who had posted this on her blog.

At first I almost skipped watching this video. Actually, let me rewind {and this is how I know this video was meant for me to watch tonight}. When I clicked on this particular blog, I thought I was going to be reading a post about how her little girl is turning 11 months old. I was going to leave a comment about how I remember her post the night before leaving the hospital, and how I remember the first pictures etc etc...However when I clicked on the link for that post, somehow it's almost as if blogger messed up and that post was no longer available to read. Instead- the post that showed up as the most recent post on her blog was the post regarding the video I am about to post below.

I needed this today. I needed perspective. I needed to know that no matter what I am loved. No matter what, He holds my future, our future, my plan, our plan- and no matter the journey- He is Good.

Please don't do what I did and almost click away from my blog and this post. Please take the 4 minutes to regain some perspective.

The Story of Zac Smith from NewSpring Media on Vimeo.

3 talker(s):

Unknown said...

Now I'm sitting here crying my eyes out from watching that video.

Today is my aunts birthday...she died on December 10, 2009 from Colon Cancer. This video really hit home.

Life really is to short to worry about the what ifs and why nots. Focus on today and live life to the fullest. ♥

Brit said...

=)

MBKimmy said...

I saw it a few days back off of Kellys Korner and I cried like a baby! I love the message!
Glad to meet you and looking forward to reading your story! Congrats ont he win from McKmama