Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Loser....Losing it...Lost it

HA!!!!

I'm actually not talking about idiot Jason from The Bachelor. I actually won't be dedicating a post to that show and/or him because a) he doesn't deserve it and b) everything I could say has already been said and I agree with it all. Dumb show...I don't know why I watch it- I can't STAND that mousy Jillian is going to be the next Bachelorette, and I'm sure I will watch that season as well.

However, my faithful blog followers- I am referring to a new iPhone App that I downloaded in regards to the title of this post.



There is an application called "Lose It!" that I read about for the iPhone. It's really nice because upon setting up your profile, you enter your age, current weight, goal weight and whether you want to lose .5, 1, 1.5 or 2 lbs per week. It will then take all of that into consideration and determine the amount of calories you can have each day to reach your goal. Oh- it also tells you, once you determine how much weight you want to lose, and the rate at which you hope to lose it- WHEN you should have the weight off!!! So we are shooting for June 10th in my neck of the woods :) Anyway- each day you can go into the app and pick what you ate for breakfast and how much (there is a large variety of food to select from or you can type in your own) and it calculates how many calories that was, and how many you have to go for the day! You can also input the exercise(s) that you do and how many calories you burned and it adjusts for that as well.

So you put in what you ate for each meal, you can put in how much you exercise, and it will ALSO tell you how much fat, how many carbs, cholesterol, etc!!!! Nice, isn't it?!?!

Anyway, I have heard on more than one occasion that writing down what you eat and counting calories visually is a huge key to weight loss success! And we all know during this day and age that chances of me having a pen/paper on me 24/7 is slim to none...but I'll have my phone darn it!!!!

So I'm going to give it a whirl. Today is my first day using it after downloading it last night...so here goes nothing! (I know it sounds like a confusing application, but seriously...it's easy as pie!!!....mmmmmm, pieeeee!!! yummy!!!!)

Have any of you guys heard reviews on this application or perhaps used it?? I'd love to hear your feedback!!!

2 talker(s):

Brandie said...

I've never heard of it, but it sounds awesome. :)

perfectwhitebow said...

I have had my iPhone since the 15th of Feb...but Peachie-P has had his since October 08 and he has been on Lose it ever since and I sort of followed him but once I had my own I have stuck with it.
Check out www.jodiandmat.blogspot.com for the rest of my Lose It...Losing it…3 weeks in, starting week 4.